Good morning readers!! I found a new recipe I’m going to try! It sounds delicious!! Check it out! It’s from the Hungry Girl’s website! I made some moderations to the recipe so the nutrition information will be a bit skewed, however when you prepare the pizza, you can easily track your calories.
-1oz real Shredded cheese instead of using a cheese string
-Regular dressing instead of calorie/light dressing
-Removed the “parm-style topping”
1oz Shredded Cheese of your choice
1 high-fiber pita
2 oz. cooked and finely chopped skinless chicken breast
2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
1 tbsp. Caesar dressing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Lay pita on the baking sheet, and sprinkle with shredded cheese and chicken. Bake until hot and lightly browned, 8 – 10 minutes.
Let pita cool, about 10 minutes. To make the salad, mix romaine and onion in a medium-large bowl. Toss with dressing.
Top pita with salad. Grab a fork and knife, and dig in!
Makes 1 serving
Entire recipe: 326 calories, 9g fat, 833mg sodium, 37g carbs, 8g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 30.5g protein
Read more: Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza http://caloriecount.about.com/chicken-caesar-salad-pizza-b630472#ixzz3AHgEkJmb
Hosting a BBQ this weekend? Here is the perfect recipe to serve up! I am going to try it out for myself! I found this recipe on “The Zucchini Diaries” website. ( http://thezucchinidiaries.blogspot.ca/ )
4 large zucchinis, washed
About 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated extra fine
About 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh chopped basil
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make about a 1/2 inch slice vertically down the side of each zucchini, then using a melon baller, scoop out the insides of the zucchini until you’ve created about a 1/4 inch trough.
- Brush the zucchini inside and out with a little olive oil, then place 4 cherry tomato halves inside each zucchini boat, sprinkle with cheese, top with the breadcrumbs, and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Top with fresh chopped basil.